Welcome to the Winnetka Men's Club
2022 Memberships - Sign Up Today!
Looking for Players!
|Looking for Players? Click here to go and post your own message »|
The 2022 Club Championship is reschedulked for Saturday and Sunday, Aug 27-28. There is a Gross and Net division. The Gross division plays from the Black tees. Net plays from their assigned tees. In addition, this will also crown the Senior Club Champion; anyone 50 or older is entered into that competition. Sign up on the webite.
The Golf Course Project is moving forward: 18 hole course to close around November 1. We will update this on a current basis.
1) The Par 3 closed on Monday, July 18 (see picture) .
- Work has begun on the Par 3 and the fields along Willow and Hibbard. This is the 1st part of the Village water abatement project.
- ON Thursday, August 18, trees began to be removed on the Par 3
2) Now that they have started, the golf course portion needs to be done, since that is where much of the water will go. This should begin around November 1.
3) At some point , there will be a presentation from the architect, Rick Jacobson. As we know more, we will let you know. The drawings and concepts from early 2022 are shown below.
4) The Winnetka Park District Board in July chose Kemper Golf to mange the golf course. We will update this as we learn more.
Elms take the 1st Winnetka Cup Event in 2022 in the Rain; 2nd event scheduled for Saturday, August 6.
Can't say we don't have hearty competitors! A rain delay, followed by steady rain did not keep 20 competitors off the golf course. The Elm's prevailed over the Oaks 9 1/2 to 5 1/2. Here are the results. This was the makeup for the April 23 event that was rained out. Kudos to the players for getting this one in.
Match Play Competitions
Thursday Night League
The 1st week was Thursday, May 19. At the midpoint of the season June 22, "That Was a Really Good Double" is leading with 64 points. Teams are posted on the webite (upper right corner). If you are not on a team and want to play, contact Brad Upperman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Pace of Play Guidelines
The Board started working on simple Pace of Play guidelines over the Winter to help the golf course move along. They are attached. Let us know if you have any questions or comments. Most course have guidelines like these.
Weekly events for 2022 are well underway. The events are listed on the right hand side of the home page.
Are You New to the Area and Looking for a great Place and Group of Guys to Play Golf With? Join The Winnetka Mens Golf Club! Click here to find out more.
Winnetka Golf Club course construction and drawings:
These are the latest drawings and overviews we have (which are from early 2022)
- Golf Course Renovation concepts
- Stormwater Management on Skokie Playfields
- 18 Hole Course Improvements
Matt McCann is using Rainout Line (download the app) to address the ongoing maintenence of the golf course. We will post Matt's comments as they are updated, which will include the weekly schedule, Bunker maintenence, the Ponds and Dandelions.